Saucon Valley High School’s spring musical production of “The Music Man” has now won not only rave reviews from attendees, but also from the Freddy Awards, which recognize and reward outstanding achievement in local high school musical theater.
The production and the talented students associated with it are nominated for nine Freddies–nominations that were announced Thursday–including:
- Outstanding Overall Production by a Smaller School
- Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role – Meghan Altemose as Marian Paroo
- Vic Kumma Award for Outstanding Solo Vocal Performance – Meghan Altemose, “Goodnight, My Someone”
- Outstanding Chorus
- Outstanding Performance by a Featured Dancer – Abigail Altemose as Zaneeta Shinn
- Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role – Jenna Skillinge as Mrs. Paroo
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Ensemble Member – Nicholas Giannetto as Tommy Djilas
- Outstanding Use of Costumes
- Outstanding Use of Scenery
The Freddy Awards are an initiative of The State Theatre Center for the Arts and broadcast partner WFMZ Channel 69, which will broadcast the 2018 awards ceremony live on Thursday, May 24 at 7 p.m. (the three-hour broadcast will also be live-streamed at WFMZ.com).
To view a list of all the 2018 nominees, click here.
For more information about the Freddy Awards, visit FreddyAwards.org.