To help local Trick-or-Treaters stay safe on Sunday, when Trick-or-Treat will be held in Hellertown and Lower Saucon Township from 3 to 5 p.m., the Lower Saucon Township Police Department has shared the following safety tips via their Crimewatch website.
Before you Trick-or-Treat door-to-door, stop by the Saucon Source office at 656 Main St., First Floor, for a treat/snack and to meet publisher Josh Popichak at our special ‘Treat-iversary’ open house. Sunday, Oct. 28 is the fourth anniversary of the launch of SauconSource.com, which has grown to become one of the most-read independent online news sources in the area.
Volunteers will be on hand to give out treats and talk about the one-room stone building behind the 600 block of Main Street, between Penn Street and the Silver Creek.
The weather forecast for Sunday afternoon in Hellertown calls for cloudy skies with a high in the low 50s. There is a slight chance of showers after 2 p.m. There is no Trick-or-Treat rain date.
Halloween Safety Tips
- Avoid trick or treating alone. Walk in groups or with an adult.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Wear fluorescent or brightly-colored costumes.
- Only walk on sidewalks or on the far edge of the roadway facing traffic.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use crosswalks whenever possible.
- Hold a flashlight while trick or treating to help you see others and others to see you.
- Always WALK and DO NOT run from house to house.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips and falls.
- DO NOT enter homes unless you are with an adult. Only visit well lit houses.
- DO NOT accept rides from strangers.
- Take all treats home and let your parents inspect them before eating.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating any homemade treats.