Attention apple-lovers! A date you won’t want to miss is Saturday, Oct. 3.
That’s when the Lower Saucon Township Historical Society will host its annual Apple Festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the one-room Lutz-Franklin Schoolhouse, 4216 Countryside Lane, Hellertown.
The Apple Festival is a free, fun, family-friendly event that highlights the unique history of the school, which is located in a pastoral setting next to Kingston Park.
Some things to look forward to at this year’s festival include:
- Apple tasting
- Music by the John Samuels Trio (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- A Hellertown Area Library story hour with crafts (at noon)
- Bechdolt’s Orchard apple products for sale
- Apple dessert contest
- Pictures with Johnny Appleseed
- Build-your-own bluebird house
- A reading of “What Do Animals Eat?” by Bonnie Banks-Beers (1 p.m.)
- Tours of the schoolhouse
- Hot dogs and drinks for sale
For more information about the festival or the society, visit www.lutzfranklin.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-625-8771.