It’s high school football season again! The reigning District XI champion Saucon Valley Panther varsity football team under the leadership of their new head coach, Phil Sams, will play their first regular season game at Bangor on Friday, Aug. 26 at 7 p.m.
The Panthers first home game will be the following weekend vs. Palmerton on Friday, Sept. 9 at 7 p.m.
Saucon Valley Athletic Director Bob Frey has released the following schedule of home football games and the various special events which will take place at them, starting with the Palmerton game. Be sure to save the dates and head out to the district stadium to show your support for the home team.
Season tickets are currently on sale at the District Athletic Office from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays. They can also be ordered by mail (see the form below, which should be mailed along with payment to Saucon Valley Athletic Department, 2100 Polk Valley Road, Hellertown, PA 18055).
Friday, Sept. 9 – 7 p.m. vs. Palmerton
- Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Night. Wear green to support awareness for Muscular Dystrophy.
Friday, Sept. 16 – 7 p.m. vs. Catasauqua
- #FTK For the Kids Night! Wear blue to support Saucon Valley Mini-Thon and the Four Diamonds Fund. Representatives of Saucon Valley Mini-Thon will be at the game as they work toward their fundraising goal, with all money to benefit children with cancer. Last year the Saucon Valley Mini-THON raised more than $30,000.
- Youth Night. The high school will welcome all youth football players and cheerleaders for Youth Night!
- The Saucon Valley Marching Band will perform a joint show with the Saucon Valley Middle School Band.
Friday, Oct. 7 – 7 p.m. vs. Northern Lehigh
- Pink Night! Join the Saucon Valley Cheerleaders and support the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the fight against breast cancer.
Friday, Oct. 14 – 7 p.m. vs. Wilson
- Homecoming! Saucon Valley will welcome back all Hellertown High School and Saucon Valley High School alumni to enjoy the game. The 2016 Homecoming Queen will also be crowned.
- Gold Night. Saucon Valley will be joining all football teams in District XI as they participate in Gold Night in conjunction with the Angel 34 Foundation to support pediatric cancer. Wear yellow/gold to show your support.
- B104 Live – B104 Radio will be live from Montford E. Illick Stadium from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Come early and enjoy the broadcast!
Friday, Oct. 28 – 7 p.m. vs. Palisades
- Senior Night. Come out and support Saucon’s senior football players, cheerleaders and marching band members.
The Panthers regular season away game schedule is as follows:
- Friday, Aug. 26 – 7 p.m. at Bangor Area High School (Bangor)
- Saturday, Sept. 3 – 1:30 p.m. at Pen Argyl (Pen Argyl)
- Friday, Sept. 23 – 7 p.m. at Southern Lehigh (Center Valley)
- Friday, Sept. 30 – 7 p.m. at Northwestern Lehigh (New Tripoli)
- Friday, Oct. 21 – 7 p.m. at Notre Dame-Green Pond (Easton)
[pdf-embedder url=”https://sauconsource.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Season-Passes-2016-2017.pdf” title=”Season Passes 2016-2017″]