After the second and final day of the 2017 PIAA District XI AAA Track and Field Championships, freshman Talitha Diggs will join junior Joslynn Rose at Shippensburg University for the 2017 PIAA State Championships which start on Friday, May 26. Diggs won gold in both the 200M and 400M Runs to secure her “Trip to Ship”. Her 200M time of 24.77 is a new District XI record. Anita James from Pocono Mountain West held the old record of 24.84 which was set in 2007.
- Talitha Diggs set a District XI record with her win in the 200M Run (24.77) and qualified for States.
- Talitha Diggs won gold in the 400M Run (56.50) and qualified for States.
- Joslynn Rose cleared 10 feet and finished second in the Pole Vault to qualify for States.
- Senior Rachel Panek finished 4th in the 100M Hurdle Final. Rachel earned a medal, but did not advance to States
- Saucon Valley Girls 1600M Relay Team of Kiele Riefenstahl, (So.) Kate Ross (Sr.), Brooke Riefenstahl (So.) and Talitha Diggs (Fr.) did not advance to States but they did set a new Saucon Valley High School record of 4:08.67.
- Click here to see all of the 2017 D-XI Track and Field Championship Results
Good Luck Panthers, The Source Is With You!