The 2018 Saucon Valley Community Yard Sale sponsored by Trish Husted of Coldwell Banker Hearthside, Realtors, Hellertown, is Saturday, June 2, and this year organizers think it will be bigger than ever!
The annual yard sale is a community-wide event. Individuals, businesses and organizations throughout the borough of Hellertown and Lower Saucon Township will hold simultaneous yard sales–perhaps 100 or more–from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If you are planning to hold a yard sale as part of this event, to help you get the most out of it Saucon Source recommends that you post your sale on our free community events calendar (please see detailed instructions, below).
If you live in Lower Saucon Township and wish to be included in the list of sales Saucon Source will publish the week of the Community Yard Sale, creating a free calendar listing for your yard sale is a requirement, because the township doesn’t require yard sale permits.
Hellertown borough residents may fill out and submit permit applications at Hellertown Borough Hall, 685 Main St., Hellertown, Pa., or Coldwell Banker Hearthside, Realtors, 186 Main St., Hellertown, Pa. Note: The $5 yard sale permit fee has been waived for the 2018 Community Yard Sale. If you have specific permit-related questions, please call the Borough at 610-838-7041.
Borough residents should also post their yard sales on the calendar.
Why is it to your benefit to post your yard sale on the free events calendar?
- You can list specific items that you will be selling, e.g. “antique oak hutch” or “tons of baby clothes.”
- When you enter your street address in the Venue field, you will create a map readers can use to more easily find your yard sale.
- You can upload a photo of an item or items that will be featured when your post is shared.
- You can include additional information about your yard sale. For example, if you will be selling hot dogs and lemonade you can mention that. Don’t want “early birds?” You can highlight that. Etc.
- Your individual calendar listing will be shared on the Saucon Source Facebook page (which has more than 8,000 followers) after you submit it AND it will be linked out to in the comprehensive list of all the sales published several days before the event. When readers click on your highlighted address in that list, they will be taken to your individual event listing.
To create a yard sale post, follow these simple instructions:
- Create a new user account on SauconSource.com (or log in if you already have one), here: https://sauconsource.com/wp-login.php?action=register
- After you choose a username and enter your email address (note: your username cannot be the same as your email address), click “Register.” You will receive a confirmation email in your inbox with a link. Click on it to select a password and log in. Note: If you do not receive an email, please check your Spam folder for it.
- Congratulations! You are now logged in and ready to create your yard sale listing. Click here: https://sauconsource.com/events/community/add
- For your event title, it is recommended that you use the following format and wording: “Yard Sale: [YOUR STREET ADDRESS, e.g. 12345 First Street, Hellertown].”
- Event Description: List the items you will be selling. Include as much or as little detail as you wish to.
- Event Time & Date: Select “6-2-18” and “8:00am” for your Start time and “6-2-18” and “2:00pm” for your End time (unless your yard sale will have different hours).
- Event Image: You can upload a photo of an item or items you are selling (optional).
- Event Categories: Select “Yard Sale.”
- Event Tags: Type “Yard Sale.”
- Venue Details: Click on “Create or Find a Venue” and start typing your street address, e.g. “12345 First Street, Hellertown, PA.” Click on “Create: 12345 Main Street, Hellertown, PA.” Fill in each field for your address. (Note: It is recommended that you leave the Phone and Website fields blank unless you want people to be able to contact you about your sale, or have a website set up for it.)
- Organizer Details: Not applicable.
- Event Website: Most people will leave this field blank.
- Event Cost: Leave blank.
- IMPORTANT: Click on the blue SUBMIT EVENT button. Your posting will not go live until you submit it for approval. Once it is submitted the editor will receive a notification and look at it, approve it and share it on the Facebook page.
Additional important information about the 2018 Saucon Valley Community Yard Sale:
- To be included in the list of ALL yard sales on Saucon Source, you must have your yard sale permit application processed* and/or have created a calendar listing for your yard sale by Tuesday, May 29, 2018. *Hellertown borough residents only
- Yard signs that can be used to help you promote your yard sale to passers-by are available at the office of Trish Husted, Coldwell Banker Hearthside, Realtors, 186 Main St., Hellertown, Pa., for a $5 deposit (cash only).
Still have questions? Please email Josh Popichak at email@example.com.