If your yard sale Saturday isn’t a sell-out you may have another option besides taking your items back in your house or “taking them to the curb.” Donate them!
The Habitat for Humanity Lehigh Valley ReStore is holding a “Stuff the Truck” event this Saturday, June 2 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Hellertown Borough Hall, 685 Main Street, Hellertown, in conjunction with the Saucon Valley Community Yard Sale (which ends at 2 p.m.).
A variety of donations will be accepted, including new and gently used building supplies, home furnishings, decor and appliances, which are all resold at discounted prices to the general public at the Lehigh Valley ReStore at 1053 Grape St., Whitehall, Pa.
Proceeds from the sale of the donated items benefit Habitat for Humanity, an organization that develops affordable housing for families in need locally and around the country. Families work alongside volunteers to build their own homes and then pay an affordable mortgage payment.
Below are the lists of items that will/will not be accepted at Stuff the Truck:
- Appliances that are 10 years old or newer and in good working condition
- Architectural items
- Kitchen/bathroom cabinets
- Electrical supplies and hardware
- Doors and windows
- Flooring and masonry that is undamaged (in usable quantities)
- Furniture in new or gently used condition
- Lighting fixtures and ceiling fans
- Housewares and home decor
- Plumbing supplies, fixtures and hardware
- Hand and power tools
- Roofing supplies
- Sheet rock/dry wall/wallboard (full sets)
- Miscellenaous items such as HVAC/AC units, antiques, books and fences
- Broken or unframed glass or mirrors
- Window blinds
- Oil-based paints and stains
- Anything that is broken or missing parts
- Mattresses and sofa beds
- Items in disrepair
- Hazardous liquids or cleaners
- Electronics and small kitchen appliances
- Baby toys and furniture
- Musical instruments
Donations are tax-deductible.
Items may also be donated at the ReStore, Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and free pickup is available for some large donations. Call 610-776-7499 or email email@example.com for more information.
The ReStore is open to shoppers Wednesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities with the ReStore, visit www.habitatlvrestore.org.