A local bank hopes Saucon Valley residents will find it in their hearts to donate and help make a difference in the lives of less fortunate Lehigh Valley residents this Thanksgiving.
Embassy Bank for the Lehigh Valley–which has a branch on Rt. 378 in Lower Saucon Township–is collecting food, personal care and other items (see below for the lists) that will be donated to the Allentown Rescue Mission for distribution to the homeless this holiday season.
Items can be dropped off at any of Embassy’s local branches, where donors will find marked “Thanks for Giving” collection boxes in the lobbies.
In addition to its Saucon Valley branch, Embassy also has locations in Bethlehem, Hanover Township-Northampton County, Nazareth, Palmer Township, Salisbury Township, South Whitehall Township, Lower Macungie Township and Macungie.
The deadline to donate items to this campaign is Friday, Nov. 16. Branches are open Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon. For more information, please visit or call your local Embassy Bank branch.
- Single-serve beverages (juice, soda, tea, etc.)
- Non-perishable canned goods
- Salad dressing
- Individually-wrapped snack packs
Personal Care Items
- Shaving cream
- Soap bars
- Disposable razors
- Shower shoes (flip-flops)
- Men’s white T-shirts (sizes L, XL, XXL and XXXL)
- Poison ivy wipes
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Laundry detergent
- Trash bags (sizes: 55 gal., 40-45 gal., 33 gal. and 12-16 gal.)
- Glass cleaner
- Odoban multipurpose disinfectant (sold at Home Depot)
- Disposable vinyl gloves (size L or XL)