If you’ve been missing leisurely Sunday mornings shopping for fresh veggies (and more) and socializing at the Saucon Valley Farmers’ Market, you won’t have to miss it much longer.
The weekly market–which is marking its 13th season this year–will open for the 2018 season on Sunday, May 6, and will be open Sundays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Water Street Park, Hellertown, through late November.
In addition to locally-grown fruit and vegetables, shoppers will find a variety of prepared foods, baked goods, meat, eggs, flowers, plants, soaps, olive oil, honey, handmade goods, coffee, kombucha and much more.
The market also regularly hosts live entertainment and special events. Follow them on Facebook for updates all throughout the season.
This year’s vendor lineup (as of early May) includes Aunt Jack’s Real Home Bakery, Warm Sugar, Epic Acre Farm, The Garden of Easton, Bechdolt Orchards, Ridge Valley Farm, Blendlife, Pappy’s Premium Jerky, Philos Farm, Liberty Acres Farm, Fairfield Farm, Wasel’s Omelets, Rush Apiaries, Lehigh Valley Kombucha, Mainly Mushrooms, Tombler’s Bakery, OMG Smoothies, SimpliciTea, Macungie Mountain Herb Farm, Buckingham Valley Vineyards, Moon Gate Farm, Maddie’s Doggie Bites, Eight Oaks Craft Distilleries, Mediterra, 1774 Grille & Tap, Apple Ridge Farm, Marie’s Soap Co., Cafe Wanderlust, I’m Hungry Food Truck and Depot, Lavender Blossom Boutique, Monocacy Coffee Company, Estelle’s Catering, Flint Hill Farm, Peanut Butter and More, Rolling Pin Pastries, Popcorn Pit, Werky Farm and Frass Valley.
For more information about each vendor, please visit their social media pages and/or websites, if available. Please note that the list of vendors may be subject to change throughout the season.
Additional details to know about the Saucon Valley Farmers’ Market:
- Parking for the market is available in the parking area at Water Street Park and on nearby borough streets such as Front Street.
- The market is accessible from several points within Hellertown as well as points south via the Saucon Rail Trail, which is adjacent to it.
- Leashed, well-behaved dogs and service animals may be brought to the market.
- The park pavilion picnic tables are available for covered seating.
- The market is normally open rain or shine, however in cases of severe weather, please refer to the market’s Facebook page for updates.
Note: Saucon Source is proud to be a sponsor of the 2018 Saucon Valley Farmers’ Market.