The opening of the 2019 Saucon Valley Farmers’ Market in Hellertown is fast approaching, and this year nearly local 40 vendors will be participating.
The 14th annual market will be open weekly on Sundays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. next to the Hellertown Area Library, 409 Constitution Avenue (across from Dimmick Park) from Sunday, May 5 through Sunday, Nov. 24, weather permitting.
This year’s location is a change from last year’s, when the market was held in Water Street Park. The market has been moved for 2019 due to construction that will be taking place as part of the Water Street Bridge replacement project.
Vendors at the Saucon Valley Farmers’ Market sell a wide variety of produce, meat, dairy products, eggs, baked goods, prepared foods, coffee, tea, wine, plants, flowers, honey, soap and more. The market is producer-only, so the items sold are all locally-grown and/or produced.
In addition to the regular vendors listed below, the market will host a local business or nonprofit organization each week.
The Boutique at the Rink will be the nonprofit at the market May 5 and the CHIP health insurance program will be the nonprofit May 12.
The Saucon Valley Lions Club will be hosting a food bank drive for Lower Saucon Township’s New Jerusalem and Ebenezer food banks at the market the first Sunday of each month, which is when visitors will also be able to watch food demonstrations by Life From Scratch (beginning in June).
The market also hosts weekly live entertainment and a monthly collection of artisans and makers–held on the fourth Sunday–called “Art in the Park.”
On opening day, the group Daybreak & Friends will perform. There will also be a ribbon-cutting ceremony with the Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber of Commerce at 10 a.m.
For information about the vendors below click on a name to visit their websites or Facebook pages (links have been added if available).
PRODUCE, HERBS & FLOWERS
- Bechdolt’s Orchard
- Beets Workin’ Farm
- Epic Acre Farm
- Mainly Mushrooms
- Moon Gate Farms
- Rush Apiaries (Honey)
- Annarella’s Bakery
- Aunt Jack’s Real Home Baking
- Rolling Pin Pastries
- Tomblers Home Bakery
- Warm Sugar
PREPARED & SPECIALTY FOODS
- Blendlife Food Truck
- Burek by Zeni (Turkish food)
- Estelle’s Catering
- Mystical Treatsss Cafe
- OMG Smoothies
- Wasel’s Omelets
- Buckingham Valley Vineyards
- The Coffee Shop Company & Portch Tea Kombucha
- Colony Meadery
- Macungie Mountain Herb Farm
- SimpliciTea & Co.
DAIRY, MEAT & EGGS
- Alice’s Natural Nibbles (Dog treat products)
- Fairfield Farms (Preserves, jams, spreads, salsa jarred vegetables)
- Frass Valley Fertilizer (Organic fertilizer)
- Lavender Blossom Boutique (Lavender-themed bath & beauty products, home products & culinary items)
- Marie’s Soap Co.
- Mediterra (Olives, olive oil, vinegar, condiments, jams & skin care products)
- PB & More (15 flavors of peanut butter & more)
- Popcorn Pit
- Ridge Valley Farm (Maple syrup & maple products)
- Zaffrus (Saffron products)