Want to learn more about a great local alternative to public schooling for your children?
St. Michael the Archangel–a Catholic school that prides itself on providing a challenging education in a nurturing environment to children in grades Pre-K to 8–will host an open house for transfer, Pre-K and kindergarten students on Thursday, Nov. 8 from 5 to 7 p.m. at its Elementary School Campus, 5040 St. Joseph’s Road in Coopersburg, Pa.
Information about the school’s educational offerings for children in Pre-K through eighth grade will be available at the open house, which you can attend by RSVPing to Advancement Director Marianne Gano at 610-867-8422 or mg***@st******.com.
Some of the attributes that set a St. Michael the Archangel School education apart from what is offered by many other schools in the area include:
- Its 1:1 iPad program for all students in K-8. The program helps introduce students to a variety of innovative curricula, including computer science skills such as coding that help children develop critical thinking and logic. STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) is taught through the use of LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 and LittleBits, which help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills through inquiry-based and active learning. Grades K-3 are provided memberships to Raz-Kids, an engaging reading practice website, and grades K-8 are provided memberships to IXL, an online adaptive learning program for math and language arts.
- Pennsylvania teaching-certified faculty, many of whom have graduate degrees
- Busing available from most surrounding school districts
- Two school campuses (the Elementary School in Coopersburg and the Middle School in Bethlehem), both of which offer a gym with a stage, a computer lab, a library and a cafeteria with a hot lunch program.
- A science lab and art studio at the Middle School campus.
- Religious instruction that includes sacramental preparation, student liturgies, daily prayers and service projects as well as community outreach.
- Math curriculum including Accelerated math starting at Grade 4, Pre-Algebra in Grade 7 and Algebra in Grade 8
- Science curriculum including hands-on experimentation, which introduces earth, life and physical science laws and principles.
- Reading and language arts curriculum which includes a balanced literacy program in Kindergarten through Grade 6 and a literature program in grades 7 and 8.
- Extracurricular programs provided through CYO that include athletics, academics, social and theatrical events.
Financial aid is available from the school for students who qualify.
Tours of both St. Michael schools are always available and encouraged, and can be arranged by contacting Marianne Gano.
For more information, visit the St. Michael the Archangel School website. The school also regularly shares information and posts updates on its Facebook page.
ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL SCHOOL’S MISSION STATEMENT:
In partnership with the family, St. Michael the Archangel, a Pre-K to 8th grade school, nurtures students to develop strong Catholic values while achieving academic excellence. Striving to foster the uniqueness of each child, the dedicated faculty and staff encourage an environment where all children believe they are created and loved by God. We aspire to model young adults who embody the principles of morality and spirituality to become our leaders of tomorrow.