Another local bank will soon undergo a name change.
Lafayette Ambassador Bank has a branch in the Saucon Square shopping center on Rt. 378 in Lower Saucon Township. The branch is equipped with a drive-thru and a walk-up ATM.
In a letter to customers dated July 5, the bank announced that on Sept. 14, 2019 its branches will be rolled into the Fulton Bank brand.
Fulton Financial Corporation already owns both banks, and the letter noted that “for over 32 years, Lafayette Ambassador Bank has been a part of the Fulton Family.”
The letter informs customers that all Lafayette Ambassador branches will close at 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 13 and reopen for regular hours as Fulton Bank branches on Saturday, Sept. 14.
Customers will receive a “consolidation guide” containing important information about their accounts in mid-August, the company said.
The letter says staffing will remain the same at Lafayette Ambassador’s branches and that customers will “have access to the same products and services.”
Online banking, mobile banking and telephone banking services will be unavailable as a result of the transition from Friday, Sept. 13 at 5 p.m. til Monday, Sept. 16 at 7 a.m.
Customers who have questions related to the name change can call 1-800-752-8400 or visit their local branch office.
In addition to the branch at 3727 Rt. 378, Bethlehem, has 18 other Lehigh Valley branches:
- 1 E. Broad St., Bethlehem, PA 18018
- 2005 City Line Road, Bethlehem, PA 18017 (also the bank’s headquarters)
- 3301 Easton Ave., Bethlehem, PA 18020
- 3397 Bath Pike, Bethlehem, PA 18017
- 4001 William Penn Highway, Easton, PA 18045
- 2525 Nazareth Road, Easton, PA 18045
- 280 Line St., Easton, PA 18042
- 360 Northampton St., Easton, PA 18042
- 1945 Sullivan Trail, Easton, PA 18040
- 4025 Jandy Blvd., Nazareth, PA 18064
- 1137 Chestnut St., Emmaus, PA 18049
- 4340 Newburg Road, Nazareth, PA 18064
- 1323 Grape St., Whitehall, PA 18052
- 1928 Hamilton St., Allentown, PA 18104
- 4127 Tilghman St., Allentown, PA 18104
- 1995 Brookside Road, Macungie, PA 18062
- 856 S. Broadway, Wind Gap, PA 18091
- 1309 Blue Valley Drive, Pen Argyl, PA 18072
Lafayette Ambassador closed two branches–one in Coopersburg and one in Wilson–in late February as a result of changes in customers’ banking habits, the Morning Call reported.
Headquartered in Lancaster, Fulton Bank has more than 250 branches and offices as well as nearly 300 ATMs throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia, according to the company’s website.
The shopping center in which the Saucon Valley Lafayette Ambassador Bank branch is located has recently gained and lost tenants.
In March, a combination bowling alley-restaurant-bar-entertainment venue called Revolutions of Saucon Valley closed its doors, and in May a Subway restaurant on the other side of the shopping center abruptly shut its doors.