Lower Saucon Man Charged With Possessing Child Pornography
A Lower Saucon Township man is facing felony charges of possession of child pornography and criminal use of a communication facility for allegedly having sexually explicit digital images of minors in his possession.
According to Lower Saucon Township Police and Northampton County court records, 43-year-old Mark Anthony Kaiser of the 3600 block of Hickory Hill Road had a preliminary arraignment in District Court 03-2-04 on Aug. 3. He is currently free on $100,000 unsecured bail.
A criminal complaint filed in the district court included an affidavit of probable cause outlining the investigation that led to Kaiser’s arrest.
Police said they opened their investigation in July 2025, when Kaiser’s wife reported concerns about photos she said she had found on his phone and on a laptop that was in his possession. According to the complaint, this happened after Kaiser asked her to help him edit photos of sports memorabilia he planned to sell.
After her initial discovery of a photo of a girl in a bikini, police said Kaiser’s wife viewed other images on the laptop and “reportedly saw what she described as a fully nude picture of what appeared to be a young teenage girl.”
In a subsequent written statement, police said she described finding more pictures of “preteens/teens, some clothed, some not.”
According to the affidavit, she handed the phone, laptop and several external hard drives over to Lower Saucon Township Police, who then submitted them to the Pennsylvania State Police’s Computer Crime Unit for digital forensic analysis.
Two days after Kaiser’s wife made contact with police, the affidavit said he waived his Miranda rights and voluntarily spoke with investigators.
“Kaiser explained that he is looking at pictures in general, but that a lot of them fall into the category of minors under 18,” the affidavit said.
“Kaiser said he has been doing this for a long time (mostly online taking screenshots of stuff) and would have it for a couple days and then delete it,” the affidavit said. He allegedly told police he did not realize the screenshots he was saving and later deleting were being backed up remotely, that he had been saving images for about 15 years and that “he does not know why he does it.”
When asked by police what he thought he might be charged with, Kaiser allegedly responded “probably child pornography,” the affidavit said.
When the state police’s phone analysis was completed in late May, Lower Saucon Police said their report highlighted 28 files containing alleged child sexual abuse material, with records indicating they had been accessed within a date range of Dec. 25, 2024 to June 28, 2025.
Child sexual abuse material was also allegedly found on one of the external hard drives, the affidavit said.
Kaiser, who turns 44 Aug. 19, is being represented by attorney Steven Mills of Asteak Law Offices in Easton, according to his court docket.
Saucon Source contacted Asteak Law Offices for comment on the case, but had not received a reply as of Monday evening.
A preliminary hearing before District Judge Alan Mege is scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 30 at 10 a.m., according to the docket.
Note:Â All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty. This story was compiled using information provided by the Lower Saucon Township Police Department and Northampton County court records.
