The angled storefront at 650 Main Street in downtown Hellertown has been home to several businesses in recent years. After the most recent tenant to occupy it–The Coffee Shop Company–closed its doors on Oct. 13 after seven months in business, many residents are wondering what’s next for a space that also previously housed a vape shop.
Before that, a jewelry store–Klassic Gold–was the occupant for nearly 20 years.
What do you think should be the next business to call this space in the heart of the borough’s Main Street corridor home?
It’s worth noting that it has been an eventful year on Main Street in Hellertown, in terms of business openings and closings. A few of the highlights have included:
- The opening in late July of Wings on Main Sports Bar & Grille in the building that previously housed 1774 Grille & Tap (and before that for many years a Mexican restaurant).
- The closing of Sagra Bistro in the 600 block of Main Street in August. Sagra was a popular restaurant for 11 years that closed after its owner decided to relocate to Florida. The building and its liquor license are currently for sale.
- The opening of Lloyd Tactical, a gun shop, in the 700 block of Main Street in September. The business was previously located nearby in the Society Hill Plaza in Lower Saucon Township, but relocated in order to have a more visible storefront. Lloyd Tactical is planning a grand opening event that will be held Saturday, Nov. 2 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the store at 766 Main Street. The space formerly housed a yoga studio, All Bright Yoga, which closed earlier this year.
- The opening in July of The Clover Boutique & Co., a fashion retail store that caters to men, women and children.
- The closing over the summer of the Sure Shine automatic car wash in the 300 block of Main Street. The beloved car wash closed unexpectedly, and efforts by Saucon Source to confirm what is now planned for the site have so far been unsuccessful.
- The opening of Quest Termite & Pest, an extermination business, in the 1300 block of Main Street. The business expanded from its former location on Rt. 378 in Lower Saucon Township.
- The reopening of McDonald’s of Hellertown following a major remodeling in the spring.
- The closing of Bella’s Ristorante and the opening of Ella’s Ristorante & Pizzeria in its place in July.