A Hellertown woman is facing a long list of serious charges related to alleged sexual contact with a minor or minors in Hellertown.
According to court records, Bonnie Marie Rohn, 34, who lives in the first block of W. Chestnut Street in the borough according to public records, is currently awaiting a preliminary hearing on the following charges:
- Involuntary Deviate Sexual Intercourse with a person under the age of 16 (Felony 1, four counts)
- Statutory Sexual Assault with a person under the age of 16 (Felony 1, four counts)*
- Unlawful Contact with a Minor-Sexual Offenses (Felony 2, one count)
- Aggravated Indecent Assault, Complainant Less Than 16 (Felony 2, four counts)
- Endangering the Welfare of Children-Parent/Guardian/Other Commits Offense (Felony 3, one count)
- Corruption of Minors-Defendant Age 8 or Above (Felony 3, one count)
- Indecent Assault of a Person Less Than 16 Years of Age (Misdemeanor 2, four counts)
The records indicate that the alleged offenses occurred on Sept. 26, 2017.
Following a preliminary arraignment before District Judge Alan Mege Friday, Rohn was released on $50,000 unsecured bail, according to court records.
Rohn’s attorney is Ettore Joseph Angelo of Quakertown, according to the records, which state that a preliminary hearing before Mege is scheduled for Feb. 21 at 1 p.m.
Additional information about the charges against Rohn was unavailable at the time of this article’s publication, however on Monday Saucon Source staff will seek to review a copy of the affidavit of probable cause filed by Hellertown Police Department Investigator Michael Dattilio at the district court in Lower Saucon Township.
*According to the Pennsylvania statute, a person is charged with first-degree felony statutory sexual assault “when that person engages in sexual intercourse with a complainant under the age of 16 years and that person is 11 or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and the person are not married to each other (source: Legis.state.pa.us).