UPDATE: Mystical Treatsss Cafe in Hellertown is also hosting a food drive collection box.
Hunger isn’t something that only affects people in cities like Allentown and Bethlehem.
There is hunger–often hidden behind closed doors–here in Hellertown, and that’s why Saucon Source is partnering with local businesses and relying on the generosity of our readers to help Saucon Valley families who are facing food insecurity this holiday season.
From Monday, Dec. 2 through Monday, Dec. 16, we’ll collect canned goods, nonperishable food items and toiletries in marked boxes at the following locations, all of which will be donated to the food banks that serve local families at New Jerusalem Evangelical Lutheran Church and Ebenezer New Reformed Church in Lower Saucon Township.* Together these food banks serve hundreds of families each week, and in many cases for extended periods of time.
- Saucon Valley Sporting Goods, 37 W. Water St., Hellertown, Pa.
- Bagel Basket, 1850 Friedensville Road, Hellertown, Pa.
- Jim Gardner State Farm Insurance, 1057 Main St., Hellertown, Pa.
- Farmers Insurance Wimbish Agency, 1222 Main St., Hellertown, Pa.
- Lower Saucon Fire Rescue at these stations: Se-Wy-Co Fire Co., 3621 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bethlehem, Pa.; Southeastern Fire Co., 2687 Wassergass Road, Hellertown, Pa.; and Leithsville Fire Co., 1995 Leithsville Road, Hellertown, Pa.
- Kindred Spirits Books & Gifts, 66 W. Water St., Hellertown, Pa.
- Mike’s Kids Doggie Shop, 501 Main St., Hellertown, Pa.
- The Shoppe on Water Street, 56 W. Water St., Hellertown, Pa.
- Cindy’s Hair Design, 220 Main St., Hellertown, Pa.
- DiMaio’s Family Ristorante & Pizzeria, 27 Main St., Hellertown, Pa.
- Lloyd Tactical, 766 Main St., Hellertown, Pa.
- Mystical Treatsss Cafe, 1310 Main St., Hellertown, Pa.
In addition to the businesses above, Saucon Source would like to thank Bob’s Valley Wide Carpet Care for their support for this holiday food drive.
Once the food drive has ended, our elves will deliver what has been donated to the two food banks before Christmas, so they can replenish their pantries at the time of year when they serve the most people.
*Note: Please donate only unexpired products to the drive. For questions or additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.